trichology [trəˈkäləjē] NOUN the branch of medical and cosmetic study and practice concerned with the hair and scalp.
According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of trichologist
tri-ˈkä-lə-jist: A person who specializes in hair and scalp care and treatment of associated conditions (such as hair loss and thinning).
According to Meriam-Webster, the definition of cosmetologist
käz-mə-ˈtä-lə-jist : A person licensed to provide cosmetic treatments to the hair, skin, and nails : one trained in cosmetology.
To provide the highest quality service to our clients, only certified trichologists are allowed to consult directly with hair loss sufferers who contact us. In addition to being a certified trichologist, they must hold the following credentials.
- They must hold a current and valid state issued cosmetology license for a minimum of 10 years
- They must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of cosmetic hair restoration
- They must hold a trichologist certification for a minimum of 5 years
- They must have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience consulting directly with hair loss sufferers and performing microscopic analysis of the hair and scalp
State cosmetology licensing provides the ability to offer direction and recommendations regarding hair and scalp care. Trichology certification provides the ability to counsel individuals regarding problems or diseases of the hair and scalp including but not limited to hair loss, various forms of alopecia, trichotillomania, and various scalp conditions.
Our founder and lead trichologist has a 30+ year career consulting with hair loss sufferers and offering microscopic hair and scalp analysis to identify their needs. She has worked hand-in-hand with hair transplant surgeons and their medical teams and has been featured in American Salon magazine, The Fort Worth Business Press, CBS News (https://youtu.be/JdFtYSdaKlY), and has won numerous awards in various fields of cosmetology.
It’s important to note there are currently only two FDA Approved medical treatments for hair loss: Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride).
However, we meet with clients regularly who have utilized these options above with little to no results. After decades of experience in the field we have found the best method for large groups of individuals to successfully combat hair loss is for them to:
- Identify their hair loss contributors as early as possible
- Take the necessary steps to correct/combat each of them
- Stimulate their hair follicles regularly with Laser Hair Therapy
To schedule a one-on-one consultation with one of our trichologists click here: